Nominations for JSA of LIS Board Members 2017-2018
2017 Request for Nominations of JSA of LIS Board Members
Dear JSA of LIS Member Programs:
The JSA Nominating Committee is actively soliciting candidates to serve on the JSA Board of Directors. Board members are elected from the ranks of JSA Family and Supporting Members in good standing on the date of the Annual General Meeting, October 18, 2017.
In our view, a good board member should display the following characteristics:
– Familiarity with the activities, mission and goals of a JSA LIS Junior Sailing Program
– Solid team players and open-minded.
– Attend monthly Board Meetings (usually the first Wednesday of each month).
– Attend the three annual meetings in October, Mid-Winter and June.
– Assist planning for JSA Program Training Events & Workshops.
– Willingness to actively participate on one of the JSA Board Committees. The list of Committees is in the Yearbook and JSA Website. Committee work involves activities such as regatta guidelines and scheduling, organizing training workshops, selecting judges, publishing the yearbook, communications with members & the online registration database.
If you know of someone whom you think would be a good candidate please forward a brief description of why you think they should be considered, together with their contact information, to the JSA office at email@example.com no later than Friday, September 29, 2017. Please also forward this notice to other members of your club’s junior committee and parents of junior sailors.
The final selection will depend on the needs of the board, the number of actual openings, as well as geographic distribution. All submissions, however, will be kept on file for future consideration.
If you have any questions about the nominating process, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you for your help,
Matt Marion, Chair Nominating Committee
Nominating Committee Members