Here are links to various resources dealing with safety and management of risk at sailing programs. These links are provided to encourage informative discussions of some options that may be available. If you have additional resources or suggestions that may be helpful to expand the breadth of helpful information, please contact the JSA of LIS office at 914-834-4202 or email@example.com
Program Safety Practices
– JSA of LIS conducted reviews in 2017 and 2018 of practices for managing risk and safety at its member club junior programs. Several examples of the anonymous responses may be downloaded here.
– Gowrie Group has a sample Junior Sailing Program Safety Guide in its Safety Resources.
– New England Science and Sailing Foundation described its Culture of Safety at JSA’s 2019 Midwinter Meeting.
Emergency Action Planing
– Practice and Refine Your Emergency Action Plan (US Sailing Symposium 2017 and Pequot YC Emergency Action Drills 2020)
– Is Your Emergency Action Plan Ready for Action (WindCheck 2016)
– Gowrie Emergency Action Planning for Sailing Organizations: Six Tips to Optimize Your Plan and Response
– Club 420 Class Resources (report and video)
These resources and other information provided the Junior Sailing Association of Long Island Sound, Inc. ("JSA") are for general informational purposes only. These resources may include links to external websites maintained by other organizations or agencies and third parties may link to this website. The JSA does not recommend, endorse, sponsor, or approve of the operators of or the content in any linked websites, nor does it have any control over the substance or accuracy of websites accessed through the links. Consequently, the JSA cannot be responsible for and disclaims any and all liability for injury incurred as a result of any use of or reliance on material contained through such links.