GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS
Parents should always:
- Support and promote the JSA Code of Ethics and the JSA Ethics Guidelines.
- Place winning in the context of fun, good sportsmanship, and fair play. Emphasize performance goals rather than outcomegoals.
- Promote the total sport of sailing, not just racing.
- As spectators, remain in designated areas and manage motorboats properly.
- Remember that any coaching DURING a race is prohibited. (See Racing Rules of Sailing 2001-2004 Rule 41 “Outside Help”.)
- Show respect for race officials and regatta rules.
- Understand that alcohol and other illegal substances have no place at any junior sailing event.
- Model supportive and ethical behavior. (Young people learn more from what they observe than from what they are told.)
JSA Ethics Committee – January, 2004
SUPPORTING ETHICAL BEHAVIOR One of the goals of the JSA is to ...learn more »