JSA of LIS Midwinter Meeting March 14, 2020
Exchange junior sailing program management ideas at the JSA of LIS Midwinter Meeting on Saturday March 14 at the Beach Point Club, Mamaroneck NY. Please view the agenda at this link.
– Doors open at 0815 with coffee/tea and bagels.
– The meeting from 0845 to 1230 is free to all who register in advance.
– Register online at this link with names of the morning attendees from your club, and list those who will stay for an optional lunch after the meeting (prepaid lunch: $25 for JSA members or $30 non-JSA attendees).
A short introduction about JSA business and the summer event schedule will be followed by junior sailing program presentations, including these examples:
– Helpful programming takeaways from the recent US Sailing Leadership Forum in San Diego.
– More than Messing About in Boats: American and Riverside YCs will describe how they use training, resources, curriculum and lesson plans to facilitate a strong sailing program.
– Club Successes in 2019: Pequot YC and Seawanhaka CYC will describe innovative programming that they used last summer.
– Risk Management for Severe Weather: Noroton and American YCs will describe their protocols for rapid response to dangerous weather that threatens sailors on the water.
After the meeting ends, stay for the optional lunch and discussion to share your own programming ideas with other junior sailing leaders.
An important benefit of coming to this meeting is the people you will rub shoulders with during breaks, or find yourself sitting next to during the optional lunch that follows the meeting. Club representatives are all welcome, including Flag Officers, Junior Program Delegates, Chairs, Sailing Committees, Program Directors and Head Instructors. If you are an experienced program leader, bring along a new member from your junior committee or an enthusiastic parent volunteer to spread knowledge within your club’s junior program leadership. Register them online at this link.