Junior Sailing After Summer 2022
A variety of junior sailing sessions are available in Western Long Island Sound during late summer and fall 2022. If your organization is offering clinics or training that are open to all, please notify the JSA office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Huguenot Yacht Club Fall Sailing
Dates: Begins September 10 for ten weeks
Boats: Laser, Feva and Optimist
Descrip: Huguenot Yacht Club, 106 Harbor Lane West, New Rochelle NY
Join us for ten Saturdays 12pm-4pm beginning 9/10 – 10/29. Make-ups will be on Sundays. The sailing area will be near Green Can 7A, with three coach boats provided.
Name: WaterFront Center Fall Sailing
Dates: Begins early September
Boats: Optimist and Club 420
Descrip: The WaterFront Center, 1 West End Ave, Oyster Bay, NY.
The sessions began in early September, and are open to the public. Register at the URL above.
– Opti Beginner: Sundays (9 am – 12 pm) Sept 11 thru Oct 9th
– Opti Race Intro: Sundays (9 am – 12 pm) Sept 11 thru Oct 9th
– Opti Race: Mondays (3:30-6 pm) and Thursday Sundays (9-12 pm) Sep 14 thru Oct 26
– C420 Trap & Spin Clinic: Saturdays; 9am – 4pm Sept 17 thru Nov 12
– Jr. Big Boat Race Team Monday 3:30pm-6:30pm, Wednesday 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm + Wednesday Night Racing
Name: SUNY Maritime Fall Sailing
Dates: Beginning early September
Descrip: SUNY Maritime College Waterfront, 6 Pennyfield Avenue, Bronx, NY
– After School Adventure Sailing: 6th to 8th graders enjoy recreation and instruction aboard a variety of boats – dinghies, catamarans and keelboats. Participants will learn seamanship and sailing skills, learn to work in teams, meet new friends and explore the East River.
– High School Sailing: Learn to sail, race and gain the skills to compete at local, regional or even national level regattas. SUNY Maritime College provides everything needed to participate including sailboats (420s, FJs and Keelboats), coaches, safety boats, and life jackets. Sailors from multiple schools will be combined based on skill level, have an opportunity to sail with different partners, and may attend regattas as part of a composite team.