JSA of LIS 2022 Annual Meeting Summary
A large audience attended in-person at Larchmont Yacht Club
The JSA of LIS Annual General Membership Meeting was held in-person at Larchmont Yacht Club and via simultaneous Zoom video during the evening of October 17, 2022.
The meeting had 117 persons registered (75 attended in-person at Larchmont YC and 42 attended via Zoom).
The resources from the meeting may be viewed at this link. The available meeting resources include video and audio recordings that include commentary by the outgoing JSA co-chairs Janet Grapengeter and Alex Helfand, the election of JSA officers and board members, the awards presented, and commentary by newly elected chairperson Tim Clark about topics mentioned during the open discussion among the attendees.
This was the annual meeting for the representatives of JSA member junior sailing programs, who gathered to discuss summer 2022 and plans for 2023.
- Following the welcome by JSA co-chair Janet Grapengeter, the slate of JSA officers and new board members was elected. Awards were then presented for special recognition, season series high point, and junior big boat regattas. Also recognition of departing board members: Alex Helfand who served 9 years, Janet Grapengeter who served 8.5 yrs, and Rick O’Leary who served 5 yrs.
- Former JSA co-chair Alex Helfand provided his comments about summer 2022 and summarized the 2021 strategic review survey responses.
- Newly elected chairperson Tim Clark moderated a wide ranging discussion of topics among attendees, in-person and on Zoom.
- 2023 Scheduling:
- All JSA member programs, please update this list with your expected summer program start and end dates to help regattas be scheduled when the greatest number of junior programs are active.
- Regatta hosts, please the events you wish to schedule in 2023 by using this request sheet to help JSA avoid date conflicts.