Nominations for JSA of LIS Board of Directors – 2021
The JSA Nominating Committee is actively soliciting candidates to serve on the JSA Board of Directors. Board members will be elected from the ranks of JSA Family and Supporting Members in good standing on the date of the Annual General Meeting, October 27, 2021.
In our view, a good board member should display the following characteristics:
– Familiarity with the activities, mission and goals of a JSA LIS member junior sailing program.
– Team player and open-minded.
– Attend board meetings scheduled monthly on the first Wednesday (currently in virtual format).
– Attend three general membership meetings in October, March and June.
– Assist planning for JSA Program Training Events and Workshops.
– Willingness to actively participate on one of the JSA Board Committees. Committee work involves activities such as regatta guidelines and scheduling, organizing training workshops, selecting judges, communications with members, and the online program-registration / regatta-management system.
If you know of someone whom you think would be a good candidate, please forward a brief description of why you think they should be considered, together with their contact information, to the JSA office at email@example.com by September 30. Please also forward this notice to other members of your club’s junior committee and parents of junior sailors.
The final selection will depend on the needs of the board, the number of actual openings, as well as geographic distribution. All submissions, however, will be kept on file for future consideration.
If you have any questions about the nominating process, please email the JSA office at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will reply.
Thank you for your help,
Pedro Lorson, Nominating Committee Chairperson
Nominating Committee Members: