How do I qualify for JSA Championships?
View the JSA championship qualifiers position report for all events through August 8, 2019.
– View the list of JSA Qualified Skippers by Name for the JSA Optimist Championships from the qualifier events through August 8, 2019.
– View the list of JSA Qualified Skippers by Name for the JSA Championships (Laser Standard, Radial and C420) from the Laser and Club 420 qualifier events through August 1, 2019.
To verify if a sailor has qualified in an event, print the event results and draw a line below the finish position specified in the “Final Qualifying Position after Adjustment” column of the calculation list. If your sailor appears above that line, they have qualified. Please review JSA Rule 4 in the Yearbook, or on the JSA website in Regattas > Regatta Management, for full details about JSA champs qualification.
Other Methods to Qualify: in addition to the list of top percentage finishers described above, JSA rule 4 provides other methods to qualify. If you wish to enter skippers at champs using one of these alternate methods please email the JSA office with supporting details:
* If no representative from your junior program qualifies for the JSA championship in a specific boat class, your program may enter one representative for that class who must have participated in at least one qualifying event for that boat class championship (e.g., your program has Optimist red and blue fleet skippers qualified for champs, but no white fleet skippers qualified. In that case, your program may additionally enter one white fleet skipper in Opti champs who has participated in a qualifying event, regardless of finish position. Similarly your program may use this method for other boat classes to assure representation in each of the JSA boat class championships, including Laser Radial and Club 420 champs. (JSA Rule 4.1.6)
* When a qualifying regatta is scheduled but no races are completed, a skipper shall may qualify for a JSA Championship Event provided if they meet all of these conditions: a) The competitor properly registered for the regatta; and b) The competitor was present at the regatta site or in the race area on the day of the event and was prepared to compete; and c) The competitor sailed in the previous year’s JSA Championship Event for the same class of boat and finished in the top 50% overall. (JSA Rule 4.1.5)
* Girls’ Champs in 2019 will be a division within the JSA Radial Class Champs that is open to junior women who meet the requirements described above. Also eligible will be any junior woman who meets JSA eligibility but not the championship regatta requirements, and has been recommended by the head of her JSA member program via email to the JSA office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please read JSA Rule 4 in the Yearbook, or on the JSA website in Regattas > Regatta Management, for full details about these and other aspects of championship qualification. If you have questions about the JSA championship qualification process, please email the JSA office email@example.com