How do I qualify for JSA Championships?
– View the list of JSA Qualified Skippers by Name for the JSA Optimist Championships from the qualifier events through August 5, 2022.
– View the list of JSA Qualified Skippers by Name for the JSA Championships for Laser, Club 420, and Feva from the qualifier events through August 4, 2022.
The JSA championship qualifiers position report for all events through August 2, 2022, was used to identify the qualified skipper names above. To verify if a sailor has qualified in an event, print the event results from Clubspot and draw a line below the finish position specified in the “Final Qualifying Position after Adjustment” column of the qualifiers position report. If your sailor appears above that line, they may have qualified, subject to later scoring reviews/corrections.
The Rules for JSA Events lists the qualifying events for the JSA championships and the scoring method that determines the qualifying percentage of top finishers at each event. The details may be read in this extract from the JSA Rules.
Other Methods to Qualify: in addition to the top percentage finishers described above, JSA Rule 4 provides other methods to qualify. If you wish to enter skippers at champs using one of these alternate methods, please email the JSA office email@example.com with supporting details:
* Girls’ Champs in 2022 will be a division within the JSA Radial and the Club 420 Class Champs that is open to junior women who meet the requirements described above. Also eligible will be any junior woman who meets JSA eligibility, but not the championship regatta requirements, and has been recommended by the head of her JSA member program via email to the JSA office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* When a qualifying regatta is scheduled but no races are completed, a skipper shall qualify for a JSA Championship Event provided he or she meets all of the following conditions: a) The competitor properly registered and was eligible to qualify at the regatta for their class of boat; and b) The competitor was present at the regatta site or in the race area on the day of the event and was prepared to compete; and c) The competitor qualified as skipper for the previous year’s JSA Championship Event for the same class of boat. [See 2021 Optimist qualifier list and 2021 C420 and Laser qualifier list] (JSA Rule 4.1.5 as updated by the JSA Board on July 28, 2022)
* If no representative from your junior program qualifies for the JSA championship in a specific boat class, your program may enter one representative for that class who must have participated in at least one qualifying event for that boat class championship (e.g., your program has Optimist red and blue fleet skippers qualified for champs, but no white fleet skippers qualified. In that case, your program may additionally enter one white fleet skipper in Opti champs who has participated in a qualifying event, regardless of finish position. Similarly, your program may use this method for other boat classes to assure representation in each of the JSA boat class championships, including Laser Radial and Club 420 champs. (JSA Rule 4.1.6)
If you have questions about the JSA championship qualification process, please email the JSA office email@example.com