Challenging yacht owners to increase youth participation
The YRA of LIS wants to increase the participation of youths in its big boat sailing events, so the YRA has introduced the Youth Challenge Cup. Yacht owners competing in YRA qualifying regattas are encouraged to include youths (ages 14 to 23) as part of their crew.
YRA of LIS Youth Challenge Cup Qualifications:
- All YRA qualifying regattas will be counted towards the Youth Challenge Cup, including PHRF, IRC and one design keel boats.
- At least one third of the crew (rounded to nearest whole number) must be between 14 and 23 years old (in the calendar year).
- Ensure that the initials “YCC” are noted as part of the yacht name on all regatta documents (Scratch Sheet and Results). Also fly the “J” pendent from the yacht’s backstays.
- E-mail the YRA Scorer at email@example.com for each race intended to count towards the YCC trophy and include the total number of crew and the number of qualified youth on board.
- A yacht must participate in at least seven qualifying events.
Details on scoring may be found in the YRA LIS Racing Program or on the YRA website www.yralis.org under the Youth Challenge Cup menu.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org